18 Bank Street
Summit, NJ 07901
Maria Lorditch, MSW, LCSW
If you have found me on this website, you are likely to be a well-informed consumer looking for a couples therapist specifically trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). Well, here I am, listed among a number of distinguished colleagues, so why contact me?
• I am a NJ licensed clinical social worker
• Fluent in Spanish
• Background in family systems therapy, with extensive experience in dealing with histories of trauma, divorce, depression, adoption, substance abuse and other issues impacting families
• Completed basic training in EMDR 2009
• Graduated from and am a former faculty member of the New Jersey Couples Therapy Training Program, a two-year program in Systemic – Psychodynamic couples therapy offered through the Center for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis of NJ (CCPNJ).
• Certified as an EFT Therapist by the International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) in 2015 and as an EFT Supervisor in 2018, providing case consultation to colleagues who are training in the model
I have found EFT to be a natural fit with my professional background, particularly in having worked with adoptive families and children with ruptured attachments. It has become my treatment model of choice with couples because of its focus on emotional safety and the securing of attachment bonds. In short, EFT helps partners find one another again, helping them to rebuild trust and intimacy in their relationships.